Ready! Computer Corporation has an fascinating venture on crowdfunding platform Kickstarter. The agency’s founding Model 100 PC is a barebones of types, however the naked bones are within the form of a Nineteen Eighties wedge formed residence laptop with ultra-wide display screen show throughout the highest of the wedge and room for varied single board laptop (SBC) and compact laptop motherboards inside.
The acknowledged main purpose of this venture is to produce a framework that enables for the constructing of “a premium, well-made, modular, portable system you can repair yourself”. The Model 100 PC comes with mainly all the things however the core efficiency parts of a pc. Thus, it gives the next:
- North American Made Aluminium Enclosure with sturdy non-metallic aspect panels
- Ultrawide 1920×480 Touch-screen IPS LCD with HDMI enter and USB energy/knowledge
- 5w+5w stereo neodymium speaker system
- 64 key mechanical keyboard with per-key RGB
- Universal PCB mounting plate for normal SBC 5v/12v codecs (RPI, 4×4, NUC, and many others)
- 12 Universal Port Panel Mount cutouts
- 4 SMA/RP-SMA high-gain antenna couplers
- Guitar strap suitable aspect strap locks
- READY!OS Free and Open Source Debian primarily based Linux OS
As nicely because the above equipment, beginning at CAD$299 on Kickstarter, there are alternatives to purchase full programs primarily based upon the Raspberry Pi or perhaps a ‘Gaming Capable’ AMD Ryzen V1605b APU SBC with 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD (CAD$1,399). Then there’s a ‘Gold’ model of the AMD Ryzen SBC mannequin with added walnut aspect panels for CAD$1,999 in case you are actually smitten by this system.
Thanks to the modular nature of the Ready! Model 100 PC it may well moreover be kitted out with ports that make it a sensible choice for musicians, radio amateurs, sysadmins, AV producers, and extra.
Ready! is midway to its CAD$200,000 purpose on the time of writing, however there are solely 5 days to go. If it raises sufficient funds / pre-orders it’s estimated that Ready! Model 100 PCs will begin to ship this April.